Saturday, May 18, 2013

Don't I know you?

Book Club Round Up    & Book Club Outlines

If you have visited Bookclub4boys before- you might be surprised to see the new look. Don't panic! You are at the right place! If you are looking for ideas on how to start a book club for your reluctant reader- click on the two links above.

I must apologize for the last year, that I fell off the grid.
We moved.
And not just a move- around the corner or over to the next town- I know those are a pain and cause headaches and heartaches...

But our move was from a small island in the middle of the pacific--( Oahu, maybe you have heard of it? Perhaps you have visited?) to UTAH!

It has been a year of major transition.
For the whole family- and some things had to give... and some things had to go.... for me to keep my sanity....this website was abandoned.

I hope you will understand and forgive me.

But I am back!
blogging

The dust has settled.
Summer is quickly approaching and my youngest son (who is now 7 years old) asked me the other day- "So when is my book club?"

I guess he has grown up- watching his older brothers have book clubs and has been patiently waiting for his turn.

I thought- Your right buddy! It's time to start a book club! (Even though, inside- I was feeling a bit rusty. I mean, it is starting over- again! I don't know many people. It is going outside my comfort zone- to ask near strangers, would you be interested in your child participating in a summer book club?)

And I also should disclose: He doesn't look forward to the reading- as much as the book club activities.

I asked, "So what books do you want to read?"

He said, "Do you remember how to make those flying dragons?"

Yes

"That one!"

okay-





"Do you remember those science experiments?"

yep

"I want that one too."

See - he doesn't know the books his brothers read, but he remembers the fun activities we did.
So if you have a reluctant reader... boy or girl... browse around. You'll find some good ideas.

And let's plan a book club for this summer- together!

Please be patient with the blogsite- when you are redirected to the other pages, not all the links are working yet. (After being dormant for a year- some things got goofed up.) The new template- with working links should be up and running by the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment